Wednesday, May 4, 2005

You Raise Me Up

The first time I heard Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" and paid attention, I started crying. I am always astonished at how much in life is an illusion, how much of my own self is illusory.

A song like that sets it straight - it is right to aspire to be "more than I can be," and yet it is not a simple thing to accomplish. But with God, all things are possible. I know I can be more than I am with God's aid, because I can't help but be more. There is so little in life I can derive real and honest pleasure from that does not trace back to Him as its source, and little real accomplishment I have that I can't credit to his help and assistance.

You raise me up, to more than I can be - I would love to know what the potential and possibility of that really is. There may not even be limits - "greater things you will see than these," as Nathanael was told in the Gospel of John.

1 comment:

Ph said...

I cry everytime I hear that song.