Thursday, May 5, 2005

What makes me happy?

I was asked this earlier today. My blogger friend A takes this personal inventory a lot. What makes me happy? Besides endorphins? :-)

  • Sitting under the stars on Salmon Point with my wife
  • Listening to my younger daughter teach herself how to play the piano
  • Listening to my parents bicker about who drank more wine
  • Blue skies without a cloud
  • Blue skies with interesting clouds where you can lie on your back and decide what they are.
  • Doing stupid s**t with my brother in law
  • Footprints in the Sand
  • The thought of going to see Star Wars at midnight with my older daughter in two weeks
  • Making music
  • The Gospel of John
  • The satisfaction of something you've worked hard at coming to fruition
  • Full moon on silver snow
  • Tickling my grumpy wife's feet when she has to get up on a Saturday morning
  • Fighting off my attacking children on that same Saturday morning
  • Watching my brother torment my mother, and vice versa
  • Talking shop with other musicians
  • Maundy Thursday
  • Seeing places I've never seen before
  • The calm in the sanctuary before an early morning or late night Mass
  • Summer barbeques
  • Cursillo
  • That my Dad got his book published
  • My wife's many missions of mercy to rescue her friends and/or the girl guide district.
  • My kids being weird
  • The fact that there are people who need and depend on me
  • The Experimental Farm
  • Conroy Pit
  • Smoked Meat sandwiches (especially from Nates)
  • Islands
  • Swimming
  • Small winks from God that let you know he's there, but which you can't tell anyone about lest they think you crazy!
  • Singing 'Gracie' in memory of my mother in law
  • Lemonade, rasberries, fresh and seedless green grapes
  • My brother's exotic collectibles, including a cannon, Lenin head, and giant cast iron alligator.
  • Dinosaurs
  • Amazing grace
  • Amazing Grace
  • Watching a child's face when they see something wonderful the first time.
  • Main street in Picton
  • Hog's Back in summer
  • Mooney's Bay on a quieter day
  • The O-Train
  • Making a difference

1 comment:

A said...

nicely done! BUT...I didn't see eyeliner, marlboro lights, or hair clippies anywhere in the list. tsk. tsk. (kidding)