Thursday, May 26, 2005

Funny coincidences

mscamille has been interested in
strange coincidences lately, and that got me thinking about the
funniest coincidence I can remember. It wasn't the most patently
strange one, I just found it funny. Its topical since I think Bo sang
a snippet of it on American Idol last night. (I wasn't really watching
- background TV for the ambience.)

I mentioned I used to run a Deli. Well one day, I'm on the front
counter, and for no particular reason, I started myself singing, "Well
I hope Neil Young will remember..." I headed into the backroom singing
as loud as I could, "SWEEET HOOOME ALABAMA!!!" and stopped cold - the
radio was playing the song at exactly the same point in the song.I was
right on time!

Now, I know there's a chance this was subliminal. Maybe my
subconscious has hearing like Superman. But it was damn funny.

By the way I've been to Alabama a few times. The sky's been blue every
single one.

No comments: