Wednesday, September 1, 2004

My brother in law bought us a TV yesterday

My brother in law was over for dinner yesterday, and my wife asked him to take a look at the television, because he is very intuitive and can see what is wrong with things with little more than a quick glance. He told us the tuner was broken. It had been frustrating my daughter and my niece all weekend, because they had rented movies, while we were up at the cottage working on the kitchen, and had not been able to watch them.

After determining why our TV was behaving so erratically, he looked as if a lightbulb had gone off. He told my wife he was headed out for smokes, and snuck me out the door and over to the Future Shop. We looked at several models and then he bought us one. My wife and daughter knew what he'd done as soon as we left. His heart is so big that it makes him quite predictable at times.

I was quite touched. My brother in law is a very giving man, and I think this was his way of making sure we knew how important we remain to him. I certainly would have liked him to find a less expensive way to do so, but I am humbled and honoured by the gesture. :-)

1 comment:

Lane said...

Your family is a God given blessing. I don't even know him and I love him.