Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I made the A-list!

And A, I am sorry it took so long, but I have been about this slow in coming up with that pun, and it is not even a particularly good pun. A has recommended my blog, over at http://hopefuldepressive.blogspot.com/ and I am very grateful for that. Her own blog is well worth reading, particularly the most recent entry Monday Monday, which seems so... familiar, is the best way I can put it.

Anyway, thanks! I feel like Jim Carey pretending to be Sally Field at the Oscars! :-)

On a completely unrelated note, I forgot to mention earlier that last night we went out and had seafood by way of celebration. My brother-in-law had finished his first day of his cabinetry program. He is delighted with it, and it is giving him a real focus. He says that he is the oldest one there - older than even the profs. We are all very proud of him.

My daughter spent a lot of time looking at the lobsters in the tank. She wanted to take one home as a pet. I pointed out to her that the lobster is descended, as are all related arthropods including spiders, from scorpions that lived in ancient ordovician seas. If you look really closely, you can see all the same parts...

1 comment:

A said...

Hey thanks! I really truly enjoy your site. It's always insightful and it always makes me think for myself. Thanks for making your musings public so others can enjoy your insights.