Friday, February 4, 2005

Soon to be off!

Well, the blog may go silent for a week. Probably not entirely, I'm sure my folks will let me on the Internet down there. But we have so much to do! We're going to Gulfworld, Wakalla springs, walks on the beach, there'll be a lot of Mardi Gras stuff happening Tuesday night. So I will surely be less, ehrm, prolific. Philip will be happy about that. :-)

We've always driven down before, and I've quite enjoyed that. I anticipate the weather changing as we go, and it usually does quite suddenly in North Carolina. The scenery is fascinating - if you ever get the chance, drive through the town of Eufala in Alabama. The French colonial mansions there are exactly how you picture such mansions - white, elegant, old, and quite large! The mountains in Tennessee were very interesting when we went through there, and finding small towns nestled up near the top of a mountain is a delight. The first one we found had a Food Lion and an Arby's and we just had to go into both. It was just too much of a novelty finding a town nestled between the peaks of a mountain.

The runaway truck ramps in Tennessee are a hoot - in the Rockies they usually blast roads through the mountains, but at least in some places in the Blue Ridge and Appalachians they just run the roads up and down 'em!

This time we're flying. At least flying gets you there quickly. By this time tomorrow, we'll likely already be finished dinner, and relaxing. A road trip is much more draining.

So, I'll 'see' you in a week or so, and have a good one. I know I will! :-)

No comments: