Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Dumb and dumberer

Years ago, I remember reading in the paper that some scientist had been able to determine from the results of a study that people on vacation get dumber. So I suppose in my mentally reduced state, I should not comment on Irina's musings (and paper) on Aristotle.

My daughter woke up with a horrible migraine today, which is too bad, because she really wanted to watch the dolphin show at Gulf World. Perhaps she can still go if she feels better. The weather for the rest of the week does not look promising, but compared to what it will be at home, I'll take what's on offer. I did manage to take a walk on the beach this morning when it was sunny. Apparently, seashell collectors scour the beach before the sun rises, looking for prize shells. I could see their footprints the entire length of my walk, but it does not seem as though they found much. The beach was washed clean.

Except for a small chunk of beach a mile or so down. That I found, and I returned to my parents', gratefully laden with an armful of undamaged pretty conches and shells. Perhaps there is a virtue in the easy pleasures of a vacation-addled mind. :-)

1 comment:

Irina Tsukerman said...

I hope your daughter feels better! Have fun with those conches! (When we went to Florida we wound up digging a trench just for the seashells... It was kind of scary)