Thursday, July 15, 2004

I go on vacation tomorrow

Yes, I am headed to this place. I think I need it, too. I can sleep at night there in a way that I don't think I can anywhere else, with the waves lapping at the limestone rocks below.
 
I'm gone for two weeks, so I do not know how regular a blogger I will be during that time. If my mother will let me on the Internet, I will. Otherwise, I shall bring my laptop, and in the spirit of Jack Handy, hopefully think deep thoughts. :-)
 
One of the places that we are going to go on a day trip is Wolfe Island, which is another island in Lake Ontario. Don't ask me why, but I love islands. The idea that a small stretch of land can be out in the middle of water is perverse, especially when the body of water it sits in is itself inland. Quinte's Isle, where we'll be staying is one of the other inhabited islands of the Great Lakes. Someday, I'm hoping to visit Manitoulin Island, which is in Lake Huron.
 
I've visited Vancouver Island, which is one of Canada's largest islands. I spent two weeks staying on my sister-in-law's boat in between the island and the mainland, and on the way back to Vancouver Island, passed a couple of mid-sized islands that had complete towns on them!
 
I have yet to visit the east coast's famed islands, P.E.I., or Newfoundland. Tis only a matter of time!

1 comment:

Lane said...

Enjoy sir and know this man will be looking foeward to your next post of inspiration. God be with you.
Lane