Monday, April 25, 2005

Spaz Attack!

My niece - a walking accident - is a logger. Specifically a tree marker, someone who goes through the forest and identifies the right trees to drop. She has also worked as a firefighter, brush cutter, and forestry desk jockey.

She's done the latter only because she is a complete spaz. I worry, actually, because she finds trouble like nobody I know! Her latest incident, and I don't know if I can bring myself to even believe this - a grouse (yes, basically a small chicken of the woods) came out of the forest, attacked her, and took off with her snowshoe. When she chased after it, she tripped over the bird and broke her ankle, which she has had to have rebuilt with pins. What next - rabid squirrels, killer woodpeckers?

1 comment:

Irina Tsukerman said...

That's hilarious, although I'm sorry she broke her ankle!