Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Giant Smorgasbord of possibility

It bears pointing out two things about my Blog. I am sure my readers know it, but I feel better putting it on the record.

1. The Blog’s point is not proselytism. I am not trying to make Catholics out of readers. I am simply trying to reflect my experience as I live it. My religion is not what I call a path per se – it is simply the evolutionary product of an inordinate amount of thinking and reflecting. My road could only have led me to the place and time I am at. That’s the wonderful thing about individual lives – they are so varied in so many tiny details, that meeting people is like viewing a giant smorgasbord of possibility. Who knows where the road goes?

2. I am not out to put down Baptists. My apologetic of Friday regarded a comment made by this specific pastor. I would never respond to one man’s invalidation of my faith with the invalidation of another. I have always hoped to inspire anyone reading to see in my life some echo of their own life, and reinforce any right suspicions they have about the decency of the one painting the canvas of the universe. I could never do that by wrapping an entire denomination in a blanket of bigotry, and I hope I do not leave that impression.

3 comments:

A said...

AWH....crap. I'll go and delete if you want. I'm SORRY...and I mean REALLY SORRY....if I was out of place. SERIOUSLY was not trying to cause a ruckus... Yikes!!!! EEEK!!! I PROMISE my intention was NOT to be a troublemaker!

Irina Tsukerman said...

Evolver, A... it's all right to have a difference of opinions... Having read both the original post and the comment, it's clear to me that no harm was intended from either side! ; )

evolver said...

Troublemaker? Hardly. :-)

Have you never noticed my excessive deference? Anyone can say whatever they want in the comments. This, too, was not much more than my attempt at a gentle philosophy. If I can be consistent at anything, I hope to be consistent at that. :-)