Thursday, April 21, 2005

I hate losing posts!

Stupid blogger.

Last night, I was at an event where some guy with just a guitar was singing, and.... I am not sure how to characterize my reaction. He was a good and confident singer, had picked really good songs, and played his guitar using interesting chords, and a stylish rhythm that made the one instrument sound like a whole band was going at it. He sang with great emotion at times. But at times he seemed excessively overwrought, singing breathily and huskily at times where the song just didn't seem to call for it.

Now of course this is all taste, right? But it is hard to listen to music through any veil other than one's own tastes. Mine were definitely developed in the pre-Mariah era. I wish I were not so critical. Being critical helps me with my own music, but I often worry that it gets in the way of just being able to enjoy music. How nice it would be to listen to a singer without over-analyzing everything!

5 comments:

Ph said...

There is supposedly a way to recover posts if something happens...

A said...

No worries, my friend....I am the biggest music snob and I don't care. I really try to be nice and accepting and open-minded....blah friggity blah....about so much in my life. But music, it's my love....so, I KNOW what's good. I KNOW what I like. And different stuff for different folks blah blah blah....they still listen to trash because they don't have as good of taste as I do!!! This is the one area where I am supremely haughty and confident!

evolver said...

So... knowing how big a fan of Rufus W you are, what do you think of his sister's effort?

evolver said...

More and more, phillip, I'm resorting to finding offline way of sending my posts in, but the rare time I try and use blogger itself, I lose everything. Its driving me batty, I think! If you hear what that way is, please let me know. :-)

A said...

The verdict is still out on Martha as far as I'm concerned. There is some stuff I love...and then some stuff that hurts.

But, you are right, I DO DO DO loves me some mr. wainwright!