Saturday, April 23, 2005

Silver linings

Today is a gloomy and grey day, but there is something to be said for gloomy and grey days. We saw a big old harlequin duck out on the lake this morning. Later, two seagulls picked away at a huge fish on the rock in the bay. An otter swam by, and then swam under the dock. I tried to lure him out, but he wouldn't budge. This afternoon, we saw the season's first loon.

My brother in law checked the water temperature - forty degrees. Needless to say, the year's first swim will not be happening today - not with me, anyway!

3 comments:

A said...

It sounds truly lovely. Let's see, today I saw cars, cars, cars....suburbs, suburbs, suburbs. Count yourself as lucky.

Irina Tsukerman said...

That's so cool! Did you take pictures of any of them?

evolver said...

Sorry Irina. I don't have a zoom optical lens on my camera, and you pretty much can't take pictures of wildlife without! My sister in law has taken some fabulous pictures of loons... I'm envious.