Monday, June 28, 2004

Who to vote for...

In my Ottawa South riding, we have a lot of choice as to who to vote for. I believe I even saw a sign advertising a "PC Party" candidate; did they not merge with the Canadian Alliance to form the Conservative party?

At any rate, after a whole lot of hemming and hawing, I think I have decided to support Monia Mazigh. Like a good little Catholic, I would normally go through the bishops' electoral guidelines, evaluate the candidates' positions, and vote accordingly. But this is one of those times when I have to let primacy of conscience step in.

Lets face it - the social issue battles are lost to us. I can only hope that as a Muslim, Ms. Mazigh shares some of my religious conservatism with me.

On the other hand, one think that still seems to be true is this: a solid member of parliament will go to bat for you. Their office takes up the red tape and cuts through it like butter. Can you think of anybody - anybody - who would work harder and more effectively at cutting through red tape than would Monia Mazigh? She'd be like a super-MP!! Leaping tall Parliament buildings in a single bound!

So that is how I am voting. But whoever you support, vote!

No comments: