Thursday, June 3, 2004

God is Never Far

I listened to a courageous young woman last night tell how a terrible personal tragedy led her to a deep personal faith in God. I was reminded how my own conversion was rooted in a sad event.

I am convinced that God never asks us to bear more than we're capable of. At those times in life where overwhelming things threaten to swamp us, He is there, and despite our choices, able to seep into our lives, love us, and take care of us.

She said, "Let go and let God." And I remembered, thinking about her advice, that the Lord said, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

No comments: