Thursday, June 10, 2004

Blogging so far

It is a lot of fun, even if I have an audience of only
one (myself. :-) Writing out your thoughts helps you
organize them better. Having to find something to
write about requires you to spend time thinking about
what I ought to write about. This means I have to
think about more important things.

I have gripes. Emailed-in posts don't turn up a lot,
but do turn up when I go to file them on the
dashboard. And I appear low in the list of Ottawa
bloggers, even though I am far more active than most
(but then, they may not use activity as a criteria,
who knows?)

But they are minor gripes. I often fancied that I'd
write me a novel someday, like my father did. But I
don't have the discipline. Instead, I'll probably
accumulate a novel's worth of letters here.

Not that I imagine I'll ever be able to assemble it
and edit it down to a masterpiece like the Screwtape
Letters. But what I can't emit in quality, I can at
least produce in quantity. ;-)

No comments: