Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Went to Mooney's Bay last night

Mooney's Bay is advertized on the Ottawa city site as a ski area. Most people know it as a beach.

That was what my daughter and I had in mind - we were there to go swimming. Now, because it has been a cool spring so far, with cool nights and daytimes highs well off the norm, the water was quite cold. But this is where my daughter and I come in: we're practically polar bears.

She and I went swimming at the Sandbanks last weekend. The water there is only 55 degrees Fahrenheit. So the 65 degree or so water at Mooney's bay was not exactly a problem for us! As usual, there were all kinds of people playing Volleyball. But this time, they were mostly at the other end of the beach, so we practically had the swimming area to ourselves.

The water at Mooney's bay is kind of a murky brown when you are underwater. But because nobody had been running in the water, it was clear for my daughter and I. So we got to chase each other underwater, and generally have an awful lot of fun. :-)

No comments: