Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Bad habit

I have a bad habit of shouting at the news on television. I don't even know why I do it. The issue that really gets me going is war: I can't stand listening to saber-rattlers. I am thinking in part of the Iraq war, where here in Canada, we had people arguing we had to go along with that to preserve our economic interests - the most crass and callous explanation I have ever heard to justify war. And then there is the recent call by Iran for the destruction of Israel.

Now you, dear reader, may be well aware of my opinions on these matters. You may agree with them, and you may disagree with them. But you probably find them uncontroversial. What is odd, however, are the debates I have with the television. For all my clever heckling, it never seems phased by my outbursts.

1 comment:

Irina Tsukerman said...

LOL, you should see my family on weekends? We love certain news programs, but we never really listen to them because we're too busy shouting comments! : D