Sunday, October 3, 2004

Fall in all of its glory

Fall has arrived in Eastern Ontario in all of its glory. Many of the oaks are a deep orange, and the park is full of deep purple maples, and bright red ones. We stayed in town this weekend, for the first time in many months, so I can imagine how spectacular the drive would be at the cottage.

Not that we're deprived in town. We live near a NCC park, Conroy Pit/Pine Grove Forest, that is plenty wild. If I can find the disc, I'll post some pictures from that forest. I often wonder what it would be like to live in a place where the seasons are not so emphatic - fall colours bright enough to blind you, winters cold and snowy, muddy springs, and summers hotter than Los Angeles. You can't help but notice the passage of time in Ottawa!

(Edit: 9:53 AM: I updated my companion gallery at BuzzNet. The pictures should be in those thumbnail photos on the left side of this page.)

No comments: