Thursday, October 28, 2004

Big dog

Last night my brother in law came over for tacos. I was sitting petting my eighteeen year old cat in the living room when the doorbell rang. I went to let him in, but the door opened and I saw he was letting himself in. Next thing I know, his huge, gigantic great dane is bounding up the stairs. I ran back for the poor cat. (The dane is harmless and by far my favourite dog in the world, I should note.)

Anyway, I foolishly picked up the cat. As the dane came into view, my cat had the same look on his face that the lawyer on the toilet did in Jurassic Park when the tyrannosaur is looking down on him. I realized the foolhardiness of my actions - I was probably going to lose an eye before long when the cat would inevitably scramble for the ceiling. I asked my brother in law to just keep the dog in the kitchen while I brought the cat upstairs. Up he went, and he seemed relieved when I brought him into my room and closed the door on him. And he didn't even scratch me!

Thank you Lord for leaving me with two eyes. :-)

No comments: