Monday, March 28, 2005

Song

This song came spilling out of me on Saturday, when I was just horsing around with the guitar. My folk group played it at Mass yesterday.

Love Itself

Here I am Lord, here to start my vigil with the day
But somebody has rolled the stone away
The gardener is asking why I cry
This man is saying, "Mary, it is I!"

CHORUS:
Now I know without you I am wrong
Now I know that with you I am strong
Without you, I can do nothing
Alleluia is my cry
Alleluia 'til I die
Now I know it's my life was saved
Love itself is risen from the grave (x 2)

Here we are Lord, trying to understand what you have done
This woman here has said that you are gone
Now we have you standing in our room
Showing us your bruises and your wounds.

Here I am Lord, listening to what the others say
But I can't let all my hope run away
Now you're asking me to touch and see
Blessed are the ones who can believe.

No comments: