Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Convergence, San Diego

Well I'm glad I haven't had any directional difficulties of the kind
Irina has had at her conference. I have been able to get where I am
supposed to be. But I am finding that, perhaps due to to Jet lag,
perhaps due to a short attention span, I have to fight off sleepiness
at every lecture. Even the interesting ones have me fighting my
eyelids. I am learning a lot about things that will be very useful,
professionally. I will have lots of ideas to take back with me, which
I will have to act quickly on, so as to not lose momentum.

Nonetheless, I am mostly winning the battle. We have one more full day
here. I think everyone is sworn off Tijuana. The idea of doing crazy
things is appealing in a "I wish I were more reckless" kind of way.
But none of us really are that reckless. :-)

The sunset was gorgeous tonight. I have a view on the bay, with the
sun setting directly in front of me. That's a cool thing - on the
coast I'm closest to, that doesn't happen.

1 comment:

Irina Tsukerman said...

Barely managed to post this comment!
Anyway, if you get a chance, you should take a picture of the sunset and post it here, to make us, snow-coverd New Yawkers, envious! : )