Monday, July 3, 2006

Small town Canada day


I live in Ottawa. Before this weekend, I really had little idea what a Canada Day on a smaller scale was even like - I'd really never seen one with a crowd of less than half a million people.

We went to see my parents this weekend, and went to Picton's festivities in Delhi park. The event was certainly on a smaller scale, but the spirit wasn't. The same crazy teenagers dressed up as Captain Canada flew by in their maple-leafed top hats.

The local Bergeron Zoo had a small cage - in it were two small cougar cubs. I don't think you'll find THESE guys hanging out with the cats on Parliament Hill!

3 comments:

Lane said...

Lol! Cute pic. I happen to run across this and this while googling Bergeron Zoo. Nice. :-)

evolver said...

You should be there for the Lion feeding, and the tiger feeding. Now that's something. :-)

Ph said...

So cute! Mountain lions are one of my favorite animals.

I saw a tiger feeding once, it's odd because they're so huge, but they eat so delicately. It's bizarre to me.