Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I Confess

From The Ignoble Experiment:

I confess: When I was five years old, I stole a jellied candy from a shelf at the Dominion store. I knew I shouldn't have. People tell me that it was okay, I was only five and did not have a sense of right and wrong. But I remember - I knew it was wrong, and I did it anyway. It is the first thing I remember doing that I conciously knew was wrong.

I confess: I am neurotic, and it is genetic. It manifests itself in various ways such as singlemindedness, unreasonable fretting. These are indistinguishable from the way my daughter does these things. There are other relatives who do as well.

I confess: to being a procrastinator, and then worrying and stressing about it (see above.)

I confess: that I am far too often certain about things I should not be.

I confess: to being insufficiently patient.

I confess: to being easily offended, and being quick to judge the offender.

There - that is not everything of course, but these are things I am embarassed to admit, and where I wish I could improve my personal character.

1 comment:

Irina Tsukerman said...

Acknowledging your problem is the first step to solving it! ; )