Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Busy, busy

So it is a very busy time of year. Very busy.

Yesterday I composed music for the Agnus Dei (the Midnight Mass I did decide to do.) The one I have done is in Latin, the "Agnes Dei, qui tolis peccata mundi, miserere nobis" ordinary that is in the liturgy for the Pax.

The Gloria, I am thinking of doing as a plainsong chant. However, the Mass needs to be singable, too, and people don't tend to sing along for chant. So the other ordinaries and propers will be the most obvious things I can think of, the Celtic Alleluia, the "Mass of Creation" Sanctus, etc.

I have yet to do all my Christmas shopping. The worry is wearing on me a little. It is not my favourite thing to do, but I'm at least a little ahead. The one big gift for my wife is done, and the other, I know what it is.

No comments: