Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Guardian Unlimited | World Latest | AP Poll: Most Say Torture OK in Rare Cases

They don't show how Canadians polled on this - 'divided' does not really explain anything. I must say I am not heartened to hear this. I really believe that if our societies are to truly be worthy of saving from terrorists, it has to be because our morality is clearly superior to that of terrorists. This is one of those areas that, for me, does not have shades of grey. Torture is a place you just don't go as a society.

Guardian Unlimited | World Latest | AP Poll: Most Say Torture OK in Rare Cases

3 comments:

Irina Tsukerman said...

Do you suppose tickling terrorists until they confess would count as torture? I bet they didn't think of that one!

evolver said...

Cardinal Ximinez: "Ha! Then we shall make you understand! Biggles! Fetch...THE SOFT CUSHIONS!"

(Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition sketch)

Lane said...

Come and see the violence inherent in the system