Thursday, November 4, 2004

Laughter really is good medicine

We went to dinner at my brother in law's last night, as he was barbequeuing pork chops. I picked up a Cabernet/Merlot at the wine store, and when we walked in the door, my brother in law said, "This family does lots of strange things" to a young fellow who boards with him. There on the dining room table was the wine he'd picked up - the same Cabernet/Merlot.

After dinner, he told me his computer was running really slow. He went up and showed me what was running slow - a joke website he went to. As he pulled up some of the gag movies, they worked fine - he could not get them to do what they did earlier. But we both started laughing at the silly gags. This attracted my wife and daughter, who wondered just what mischief we were getting up to. They got sucked in while we were there.

My daughter told her uncle about a funny site she went to so, I typed it in. On the site, we ran into this animation called the Insanity Test. We ran it, trying to keep a straight face. But within seconds we were all laughing uproariously, desperately trying to find enough time to stop laughing so we could get air. The test, in theory anyway, just should not be that funny. I guess that means we're certifiable.

Anyway, it felt really good to laugh. If you can, find something good to laugh about. Mirth has a healing balm. :-)

1 comment:

A said...

Mirth has a healing balm. WOW! What a sentence!!!