Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Vacation

I am on the second day of a two week vacation. It has not been an eventful vacation thus far, but then, we don't fly to British Columbia until Thursday. My cousin is gretting married on the weekend, and then we will go visit my sister in law on her boat in the Broughton Archipelago. I have it on good authority we'll likely see whales and dolphins up there. The last time we were there, three male orcas swam alongside Billy Proctor's boat while we were in it, as we listened to him confer with the reknowned whale biologist Alexandra Morton.

Right now, there is a fog covering the water that makes it look like the earth vanishes at the end of the lawn. There are a handful of ripples at the end of the green, but really, other than that, I fear one could walk off the end of the world at the steps into the water. I am hoping the anxiety of not being at work looking after my responsibilities will ease soon. A couple of weeks of rest will help me see to them better, and I do realize that. But I do feel... guilty somehow. Can't help it.

No comments: