Monday, August 22, 2005

And then....

"Creepy? No," my wife smirked at breakfast yesterday, "Annoying!"

I'm a little past my wounded "inner child" (so to speak) today. Getting called creepy by people involved in an enterprise as spine-chillingly disturbing as that metablog is really not something to take that seriously. I mean these folks photoshop fake magazine covers regarding the blog they until recently secretly lurked in. One post refered (perhaps facetiously) to an 'ethics committee' that their metablog has. Its pretty chilling to think that this is their reined-in behaviour. At any rate, I've delisted the blog from my RSS, which is quite sad, since I've enjoyed that blog for a year or so. But I'm done dwelling on it, and that's all that need be said on the topic.

On a lighter note, a gospel group I am involved in is having a story written about it in the local paper (the Citizen.) The reporter and photographer came to listen to us yesterday, and I think the Good Lord was making us work a bit harder than usual to make a good impression. Our slide projector broke, and since the story kind of involves how the congregation sings along, we couldn't do without this projector, because without the words nobody will sing. So the parish custodian, who is my wife's best friend, rounded up an old projector from the basement. Then during the singing of the psalm, our leader busted a guitar string. I whispered to him, "I don't have my small tuner!" So during the homily he scraped about for a string and batteries for his own tuner.

But we ended up sounding at or near our best, so it all worked out well. We posed for photos on the church step, and the Citizen photographer kept rearranging us in various positions to the point where it was distracting. I hope I remembered to smile. :-)

No comments: