Monday, August 16, 2004

The sun rises on the misty lake

Saturday night, my brother in law, my daughter and I went fishing. We only got two small rock bass, but that was OK. Being out on the quiet water, with nothing to say was nice. My brother in law said that it was awfully beautiful, and he meant it.

On Sunday, the sun rose for the first time I can remember in a long while. The lake was covered with mist when it did come up, and I sat and stared at it for a long time as the mist burned off. We worked on the kitchen. My daughter filled the hummingbird feeders, and they came. They chirped! (I never heard them make a sound before.)

We worked on the kitchen, cutting and planing boards for a new cabinet. The sun shone, and life continued. With a big hole, perhaps, but life continued.

Our weekend always ends with church. We have an 8 PM Mass, my daughter altar serves, and I sing in the choir. I always liked my weekends ending that way, but it feels more fitting than ever. If we live for the weekends, then perhaps it is well and just to give thanks to God at the end of them. :-)

No comments: