Sunday, September 4, 2005

You know...

I'm in the programming biz, so a lot of the euphoria for the new century - I didn't feel it. I had spent weeks scouring for things that might not work on January 1, 2000 - I had had everybody scouring for these things.

But when the moment came, and nothing happened, I thought to myself, what a shining new century to enter on! We've developed this amazing new technology that connects everyone, the world is on the verge of prosperity, and peace may be breaking out everywhere! (Except the middle east of course.)

The twentieth century had been a brutal one - from World War I right up to Rwanda. This new century, though - it was shaping up to being the proverbial city on the hill. Fabulous internet wealth, peace, and a clean slate. Even the terrorists and computer bugs that wanted to spoil the party had been thwarted. The 21st century would be... fabulous.

What a lemon, so far!

No comments: