Friday, September 16, 2005

Crash Into June

There's a band called Crash into June that has an excellent song called Pete Ham that reminds me of my own discovery of the late great tunesmith. However, I could not help but note a certain irony in the way the band arranged the song.

When the guitarist comes out for his first guitar solo, he steps up and does a near perfect homage to a Badfinger guitar solo. Only he knocked off the wrong guitarist - the tremolo sound and playing style he uses are a close match for Joey Molland, not Pete Ham.

Ah well. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just listened to the song. It sounds sweet.


master chief
hookahshisha.com

The Egel Nest said...

Wow!

Too Funny!

I listened to this and thought to myself...sheesh...this sounds like one of my favorite old bands...the Connells...then I read their bio and they list the Connells as a large influence!

Funny!

Great tune...

Bradley
The Egel Nest