Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Speaking tomorrow

I've been asked to give a short talk tomorrow on my spiritual journey. I have no idea what to say, I really don't. It is either too much or too little time. :-) I guess I am going to have to trust that the words will be given me. Or accept that I shall appear an idiot.

Philip, I don't know the show you refered to - "Father Ted?" A couple of films to add to the list of religious satire pieces I do like - "Life of Brian" and "The Holy Grail." When you make films as downright silly as Monty Python did, you know you are going to make people laugh. :-)

Lane, I'm going to try to answer that, but it will have to wait until I have time to do an all-out series. One thing I do not write on religious topics is op-ed style material, where I just toss a few glancing zingers at some contemporary issue. To discuss the issue of bishops blocking communion, it is important for me to discuss what I feel communion, bishops, and laity even are, and what responsibilities the latter two have. That could take a while! Will see if I can set aside time.

(I've spent the last week or so writing a story, and have not had as much time for blogworthy postings as I might otherwise have had. :-)

2 comments:

Ph said...

Father Ted is an Irish show about a Father and his cohort, I guess a monk or brother of some sort. IT isn't really a religious satire show, he's just a father and that makes what he does all the more funny.

Lane said...

Father Ted.