Friday, January 21, 2005

A different way to blog

I run into a lot of trouble posting through a web form. Sometimes Blogger won't come up. Sometimes it will, but won't post, and you lose what you wrote. And then, there are times when I can't get on the Internet, or don't want to.

I found this popular offline blogging tool the other day - essentially a word processor for Blogs, supporting Blogger, LiveJournal, Typepad, all the biggies. It can be a little flaky to use (most of the flakiness being with the Blogger servers), but since it works from files you work in on your desktop, it doesn't really matter if it is flaky.

I love it. I've never liked using a web browser form as a word processor. :-)

We're going to the cottage again tonight, so I had to run around like a madman today, doing shopping that could not wait until the weekend. My wife's birthday is on Tuesday, and I got her a day at the spa -- massages, facials, that sort of stuff. That one's likely to collect me some brownie points, I figure. :-)

No comments: