Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Why am I dreaming of beaches and summer?

Because it is frickin' cold outside, Mr. Bigglesworth. December weather can be both damp and cold, and the result is a kind of cold where you just can't get warm. I haven't felt truly warm in days.

Funny - you know, there are some winter days, often in February, where a sunny three degree celsius day feels like the warmest, best, sunniest day of your life. We had some of those in late December, last year. I have told the story of our ice golf, before haven't I?

We golfed out on the frozen lake, and I was wearing short sleeves, and the sun was burning hot. I even got a bit of a tan going again. The snowy north is not always snowy, or cold! if only that were true today...

We joked that day that we were going to start an ice golfing resort - a place where you could boast about that three hundred yard drive with a nine iron (you don't have to tell them the last two hundred yards were because golf balls slide on ice...)

No comments: