Friday, December 10, 2004

In case it is not apparent...

My frequent resort to rhetorical fire and brimstone, such as in my last post, is not something I literally believe. I am hoping to be sardonic. Is it working?

I think the scope of God's forgiveness is very great. Even the hardhearted will probably see mercy. While I do not doubt that "narrow is the way," we are given many opportunities to find it, and every once in a while, most of us find a a way to be among the few to stumble through it. And as He said, "He who is righteous in a little is righteous in much." :-) (Luke 16:10)

1 comment:

A said...

You know what, though...our culture is a culture of apathy. We're not supposed to be too emotional about anything...even ourselves. Aloof=cool. There has a be a balance.
I grew up in a tremendously legalistic/conservative environment. That pushes people away. Also, though, I am repelled by anything that is overly emotional that has no meat to it. I think the thing is...the balance is different for everyone. AND, the balance can change for people as their lives change.