Friday, March 10, 2006

The value of worship

Why would God even care if anyone worshipped him? Why would he want it? If he is all powerful, one might ask, would he not be indifferent to it?

You will know how he feels when you look into the eyes of your own newborn child. I loved my daughter with a power and force I had never known before, like a tidal wave crashing over my heart.

Can you imagine it any differently for the God who literally is love itself? Can you imagine how much God aches to be part of our lives? I find it heartbreaking as my children get older that I am less and less part of their lives.

That is why God desires our worship - we connect to him and acknowledge what he is to us. And believe you me, whatever we think we're offering him, infinitely more is offered our way.

No comments: