Friday, November 26, 2004

I think I am ready for winter

You know, I really was not ready to see snow when I posted about it earlier. Every winter, it helps to be mentally prepared for what is coming, and I just had not gotten there yet.

But I think finally I am. Last night, it began snowing as I headed home late at night. And it really didn't bother me! Neither did the crisp -6 celsius this morning. The snow was gone by the time morning had advanced much, but it will snow tomorrow, and it will probably stay for good this time. But I am ready! I know I will have to remove salt from my boots, but I can get my ski boots out! Yes, I have to wear a heavier coat, but it will come in handy making a snowman! And the thick gloves I will be forced to wear will keep my hands warm while I am making snowballs. Yes, let it snow, let it snow - just not while we're driving, please. :-)

My cursillo situation is starting to improve itself. I wrote out a big to-do list of things I have to get done, so now I have a fixed scope of hurdles, and not a vague and ambiguous list of uncounted chores. I have some musicians lined up now (not as many as I'd like, but it beats where I was two days ago!) And I've been invited to the thing where I had been overlooked. These things do start to work out. There's a certain almost magical quality with cursillo that is hard for me to fathom, but those graces are there in abundance. Such as your poem, Lane. Did you write that yourself? Well done, if so.

I highly recommend, if you have never done it, that you see if your church is involved in cursillo, Walk-to-Emmaus, Via-De-Cristo, Kairos or whatever it may be called in your denomination. Ask your pastor about it. It is worth looking into - the movement has been a life changing experience for me!

No comments: