Sunday, March 16, 2008

Passion Sunday

I think I've finally spiritually reached (or am getting close to reaching) where I should be during Lent. I have not really had any trouble keeping the disciplines I took on, but there was no real feeling or emotion behind it - I was just giving up stuff.

Now on the last day of Lent, I think I finally get it.

Last night, just before bed, I was reading a meditation about how God does things on his own schedule. The author was pointing out how Jesus was never far from danger - in the temple, people attempted to seize him a few times but the crowds and confusion always prevented it. In Nazareth his own people tried to run him off a hill, but until the evening before Passover, nobody could get hold of him. And in the garden of Gethsemane, he walked towards the guards who sought him, not the other way around.

You can seek, and you will find. But you have to be patient. For really, it is He that finds you.

No comments: