Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ten simple pleasures

I got tagged for this.

These are ten of life's simple pleasures, little things that i enjoy doing or being.

  1. Sitting at the campfire. I enjoy the smells, the sounds, the stars, and the flickering logs and embers. What can I say?
  2. Playing the blues: the blues is a genre of music that I don' t really tire of. I love the sound of a tube amplifier crackling with the understated power of a slightly overdriven stratocaster guitar.
  3. Picnics by the water: I like to eat, I like to swim. So do the rest of my family. Nuff said. :-)
  4. Riding my bike: you can just pick up and go somewhere with no real plan on a bicycle. I enjoy that. My daughter used to go with me. Perhaps she is too old now - I hope not.
  5. Singing - I sing all the time, for no reason. I especially enjoy singing in a group.
  6. Eating popcorn at the movies. You can't have movies without popcorn. And popcorn just isn't popcorn without a movie. Sometimes I am tempted to buy a theatre popper for here at home.
  7. Tickling my wife's feet in the morning - it is the only place she is ticklish, and pretty much the only time of day that she is. I don't get to do this and live very often. :-)
  8. Shining my shoes - I like shiny shoes. I learned this virtue in army cadets as a boy.
  9. Losing myself in a book set in a faraway place. I can forget who I am and just lose myself in a different place and time. Does not have to be a fictional book. A well written history book is even better for this.
  10. Star Wars opening night: I enjoy watching all the nerds dressed up in stormtrooper outfits. Exuberance, even in something silly, is always an enjoyable thing to bask in. :-)

No comments: