Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No Muslims in Romney Cabinet

Mitt Romney says, "…based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage] in our population, I cannot see that a cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration."

Dude - not to put too fine a point on it - but does this not also disqualify you? Because, last time I checked, Mormons were a comparably-sized minority. And the Presidency certainly qualifies as a "cabinet position."

3 comments:

Ph said...

that's a fantastic call! i never even thought about it.

i haven't been on your blog in a while (i've been reading from google reader...no need to change pages...ah, american laziness...) i like the new banner

mscamille said...

hehe, yeah I'm glad I didn't go through google reader this time, too :)

and I can't believe Romney said that...people somehow never cease to amaze me

evolver said...

I switched to that reader, too. Turns all my reads into a big newspaper. :)