Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nearly given up on blogging

I've hardly blogged this year. I don't even know why it is important to, to tell you the truth.

It is not my primary means of expression. I do that through music. I haven't got any great thoughts to share, either. Most of my existentialist musing took place the first year or two I blogged.

There should be things to blog about. I'm a grandfather now. But you'd be surprised how slowly that develops. It is not a comparable situation to becoming a new parent, much to my surprise. I see her only about once a week or two. I don't have to wrestle with figuring out what to do with her when she's around - I guess I'm an old hand now with babies and young ones. I know how to change a diaper, how to mix formula, how to dress them, how to entertain them.

But I don't see her everyday, so I am deprived of the newness; I'm not there when she says her first words, or takes her first steps. I find out about it, and then get to see it later.

In fact, that is the larger issue behind my lack of blogging. Things in general have lost their newness. I am tired all the time, and I can't remember the last time I felt real wonder and awe.
I'm sure I have no one but myself to blame for this, but it is true.

Things are not new anymore. And so I have very little to write about.

No comments: