Thursday, August 3, 2006

Why so many entries

Someone reading might notice I've been flooding the blog with posts of late. Why? Think of it as watering the plants twice before going on vacation.

Yes, this weekend, we're headed off for two weeks of fun. First family camp on the island again, and then we're going to travel around Lake Superior. I haven't been since I was a boy. Now if you've never seen the Great Lakes, they aren't lakes at all. They are freshwater seas.... you cannot see the other side, the surf comes pounding in, and they even have a kind of tide called a seiche. The shores are rocky, there are lighthouses all about, and large seagoing vessels pass on the horizon.

I've been told that Lake Superior has some of the best "seaside" drives in North America. So we're going to go find out.

2 comments:

Ph said...

I hope you have (or are having or had) a wonderful time!! :-)

teddyjb said...

Enjoy the vacation!!