Thursday, August 3, 2006

That great concert metropolis - Regina

I was born in a place called Regina, Saskatchewan. It is a pretty little prairie town that stretches around a small lake called Lake Wascana. But it is quite little. There are neighbourhoods in Ottawa with a few block radius that have a larger population. And Ottawa itself is not exactly vast.

But somehow, this small town supports a pro football team, a thing even Ottawa hasn't been able to manage in the last twenty years. And now it is supporting not one - but two Rolling Stones concerts in October.

We only managed one last year, here in Ottawa.

Personally, I wasn't able to wait that long. I went all the way to Toronto to see them on the Steel Wheels tour, back in 1989 or so. In fact, when they played Ottawa last year, I was singing folk songs in church (and the Stones made the parking nigh impossible.)

And my singing folk hymns in church instead of rocking out at Lansdowne Park either marks me as faith filled, or just old. :-)

No comments: