Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Gmail - yes, it would be nice

I am looking forward to Gmail.

With an ordinary mailbox, you have to check it all the time or you blow your limits. And with all the spam that gets through (I am a longtime Usenet poster, so I get a truckload) my heavy handed trimming causes lots of real email to go bye-bye.

With a gig of email, I don't have to worry about that crap anymore. I can just let the spam pour in, and search for what I am after.

The other problem with webmail is speed. Hotmail is so slooooow. Google has always kept things simple - no fancy-ass DHTML trying to mimic Windows - just a few simple html-standard interface elements.

Hopefully gmail has woken up MSN and Yahoo - nobody will use their pitiful services if they don't seriously step up to the plate. Me? I'm switching as soon as they open the doors.

No comments: