Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dad

Yes, checking in for June... making sure I don't completely abandon this blog.

For the last many months, my little granddaughter has been picking up lots of words here and there. She mastered "HERE!" very early, and can say "Dora", and "oh maaan!" (Swiper the Fox's line from Dora.) She calls grapes "apes", and will repeat most words for things she finds interesting. She knows her food is "hot" and that her aunt is "AERRIE!"

In the last couple of weeks she's found a name for me too. She calls me "Dad." Coming down the stairs late last night after I flew home from Toronto, her eyes went wide and she said, "Dad!" clear as a bell. There was no more denying it. Guess she hears the kids call me that.

To tell you the truth, flattered as I am, I'm a bit disappointed. I was so looking forward to "Grampa."

No comments: