Wednesday, May 23, 2007

If the medium is the message, then what is this message?

The BC premier's office was trashed yesterday by a bunch of rowdies opposed to... um, something (I guess) related to homeless people in Vancouver being kicked to the curb by Olympic athletes, millionaire hockey players, or... you know... other "Bread not circuses" type stuff or whatever.

Have these people given any thought to how much money they are costing? With all the security expenses needed to keep these professional troublemakers at bay, you could feed and house a few dozen families, I'm sure. I have no doubt that Habitat for Humanity could surely benefit from all the extra energy and passion these people seem to have.

4 comments:

Lane said...

http://picasaweb.google.com/brandon.dunson/HabitatForHumanity

My sis-in-law and her boyfriend volunteering yesterday in Denver.

evolver said...

I thought that particular sis-in-law was in Dallas like you?

We did a benefit concert for H4H last week. I think it is one of the best causes there are.

Lane said...

She was, she only moved to Denver 3-4 weeks ago.

Lane said...

I agree btw, I donate many things (to H4H)I remove from the houses of the wealthy clients I have as they are still in great shape and have many more good years to be used. My clients just like to change things those of us on normal budgets cannot afford to with any amount of regularity.