Monday, May 1, 2006

First babysitter

For the very first time since the baby was born, my daughter left her sight. She went out with my wife to go shopping at the Michael's at the South Keys mall on Saturday.

Guess who got to babysit? Yep - moi.

As she was leaving, I was staring at the baby. My daughter said, "You don't have to watch her the whole time, Dad."

Bemused, I turned around with an arched eyebrow and told her, "I have... done this before... my dear. Babies aren't new for me, like with you."

"He's gazing," my wife added. "Not watching."

3 comments:

Lane said...

When my daughter was born it took my wife six months before she would leave her with anyone, even me. I was amazed that she left my son with me to go to the store after only a matter of days (I will never fully understand women).

evolver said...

I guess you proved yourself the first time. :-)

Irina Tsukerman said...

That's SUCH a cute story! : )