Thursday, January 20, 2005

With that done...

I hope I handled that with sufficient sensitvity. Now... on to lighter matters!

My cursillo team meets for one last time today. The weekend in December was a great success, and it was very sad not to be participating in a team developing a weekend. I hope I have the opportunity to serve again. At home, we've had a friend come and stay with us. This friend used to own the house we now own, actually - we bought it from them. My wife and I got to know each other in this house, as we all worked together, and would spend weekends at the house listening to music and... listening to even more music. And talking a lot.

So invariably, when she comes down, our other old friends who still live in town descend on us as well. Funny - but it isn't nostalgia. We've all stayed close, and it is not just reminiscing. We're all big fans of sci-fi and fantasy (there's a running joke about me, my wallet, and Scotty beaming me up), so the Lord of the Rings has been on near constantly the past few days. The house smells like several exotic oils because she brings new oils with her, with which we can light lamps at night. This is fine with me - I've always had it in for the glare of fluorescent lights, which I associate with work. At home, I prefer light that is more organic and natural. Halogen lamps are fine, but candles, lamps, and our fireplace are much nicer...

No comments: