Monday, September 27, 2004

The bus people: update

Well I overheard the followup to Friday's bus conversation. Apparently the boat cruise was awful. An aunt said it was the worst cruise she had been on.

You know, I find it funny that older people become so expert at cruises, and vacationing. I think it is fantastic that some seniors become almost professional adventurers, always looking to have a new experience in a place they have not gone before.

We younger folk often stereotype older people as folks who are set in their ways and won't do anything new. And yet, whenever you go on a river cruise, most of the people on the boat are retired people! My parents just came back from Stonehenge and the London theatre scene, places I have never been near.

In fact, I read today about a 93 year old fellow from England who came to Toronto and ran a marathon. I am forced to conclude from this anecdotal evidence that.... senior citizens are in fact quite cool!

No comments: